Monday, August 3, 2009

Best way to utilize two DSL connections simultaneously?

I have two DSL connections in my office - a primary 1Mbps and a backup 512kbps (and actually we have a backup-backup connection as well but we keep it switched off).





I have two DSL modems and two wireless Internet Broadband Routers. My PC has a wireless lan card. I usually set my lan card to connect to the router that connects to 1Mbps DSL modem. Frequent network hiccups are common, in this case I have to switch it to the second one - click here and there.





Is there a way - a software - that allows me to utilize both connections together. It is probably a load balancer or something. I want to install it on my system. If possible, please only suggest opensource or free software. Or is it possible by configuring something in windows. I have windows 2000 professional. Thanks.
Best way to utilize two DSL connections simultaneously?
There is a way to use both connections but you will need another wireless card or lan card, once you are connected o both, bridge the two connections


No comments:

Post a Comment