Friday, July 31, 2009

How to set a wireless network between a pc and a pda?

I want to share Internet Connection between my pc and my pda. Can anyone help me?
How to set a wireless network between a pc and a pda?
There are two ways to do this.





One - the easy way - get a wireless router set both units up to use the same internet. The router handles the work.





Two - use Ad-Hoc network where your PC is connected to the internet and your PDA connects to the PC's wireless card. This will require using ICS (Internet connection sharing) within the PC and it will require that your PDA software supports AD-HOC networking (many do not!!!) so check to see if your PDA supports Ad-hoc before you even try this one! If is does, just search on Microsoft for AD-HOC network and it has a step by step guide telling you how to use it.





If it were me, I'd just spend a few dollars and get a router!


No comments:

Post a Comment