Monday, April 20, 2009

Doeas anybody know how to connect a Vonage Box directly to a laptop with 3G wireless internet connection?

My computer has a Huawei E800 card which provides my computer Internet connection anywhere. Since the internet connection arrives directly to my laptop, I was trying to connect my D-link Vonage box directly to the laptop with no luck. After many attempts I have been able to get from the Vonage box a solid Power light + a solid internet light but no phone light at all. I have connected the Vonage box to my ethernet port on the laptop using a reverse cable (orange instead of blue), and then shared my internet connection. I also have tried creating a bridge between connection and using a router between the laptop and the Vonage box with no luck. The message is always the same %26quot;the Vonage box can%26#039;t contact the Vonage network%26quot;. I also made sure my service is active on the Vonage website. Same Vonage box works fine when using the standard connection form (cable internet service to modem, to router and then to Vonage Box), so I know the box is ok. Thanks for help and save 3G router costs!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Vonage services are more reliable and best!! I like them!!

    ReplyDelete