Monday, April 20, 2009

I get lagg spikes while playing games using my Linksys USB network adapter?

I have had a Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter on my PC for about 4 years now, and I download fast (400-800Kbs)


and Web browsing is fine, however when I try to play online games, I get lagg spikes every 20 seconds or so, ranging from 1-5 seconds long. I%26#039;ve been trying to find a solution to fix this other than Hardwireing my computer.





I%26#039;ve tried changing the channel that my Modem and router transmit on, changing my encryption from 32 bit to 64 bit etc..





Also I just tried Pinging Linksys.com and I lost 100% of my packets... so I used run%26gt;cmd%26gt;ipconfig/all%26gt;ipconfig/release%26gt;ip... - and I still have the same problems.. now im running Windows XP just to clarify, and the next thing I tried was. run%26gt;cmd%26gt;tracert www.comcast.net - I have comcast cable.








And I pinged all of the ip%26#039;s, all were fine except two. one gave me 100% loss, and another gave me 50% loss. Idk what that means as far as where or why my internet would be failing, any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
I get lagg spikes while playing games using my Linksys USB network adapter?
it sounds like your router is messed up on the inside, call linksys and tell them whats going on, see if you can just exchange the router for a new one.
I get lagg spikes while playing games using my Linksys USB network adapter?
I would first have to eliminate the possibility that it is your wireless that is or is not the trouble. Have you hardwired your computer just for troubleshooting purposes? Does the same thing happen then? If it does, then it is with comcast, if it is fine then it is with your wireless network.





I would want to find out exactly where the problem is before trying to troubleshoot the wrong thing.

azalea tree

No comments:

Post a Comment