Saturday, April 18, 2009

How do i hook up my linksys router wrt54g vers. 8?

i lost my CD that came with it and i went too www.linksys.com/check and easy connect but it says not supported.im trying to connect my wireless router to my desktop. when i scan for a signal i get a strong one but cant connect to the internet
How do i hook up my linksys router wrt54g vers. 8?
Is your router connected to your cable/dsl modem? If not then I would start there. If it is make sure your PC is getting its IP address via DHCP, go into Network Connections, properties, tcp/ip and set both top and bottom (dns) to automatic. Open command prompt type IPCONFIG, ping your default gateway, (this is your router by the way). Try to ping yahoo.com.
How do i hook up my linksys router wrt54g vers. 8?
You can get the signal because it sees the linksys but the linksys needs to get internet service. Like DSL or Cable internet I prefer DSL. Thats what I have. Try google to search for internet provider%26#039;s. I have verizon if you have any questons or need help email me @ captcomptuer@live.com
Reply:Here%26#039;s a nice tutorial providing you a step-by-step process for setting up your wireless internet connection: http://www.networkmagic.com/router-setup...





If you prefer a How-To video setup guide, here%26#039;s the linksys router setup one: http://www.purenetworks.com/advice/?vide...





Hope this helps!

floral shops

No comments:

Post a Comment