Monday, April 20, 2009

How can i get faster broadband?

I am a Sky broadband customer with the 16mb package but my internet is sooo slow its really getting me mad! It takes an average of 10-40 seconds for a website page to load! Ive tried to find out what speed i am getting but ive had so many different answers i dont know which is correct. I have 2mb broadband (virgin) at another house and it takes 10 mins to load a 60 mins film compared to about 70 mins (good day) on 16mb Sky broadband. I have a 12 month contract so i guess canceling is out of the question. I mostly browse on a Playstation 3 but even on my laptop its rubbish so i dont think the PS3 is the problem. Is there any way i can get sky to provide me with faster broadband or will they just politely tell me to go away! Surely i can because they are providing me with a much much slower speed than what i am paying for. Its really getting me down i dont know what i can do. All helpfull answers greatly appreciated
How can i get faster broadband?
get your computer looked at, and have sky come out and test your lines for interference





i only have 10mb connection and can download an 800mb divx in just a few minutes. it takes about 1-2 seconds for a page to load
How can i get faster broadband?
Check your router configuration. Sometime by tweaking that u may fix the issue. But if its a computer , check whether u r using any antivirus software to scan all the web pages u are accessing. This will decrease the speed.
Reply:You may not actually be getting 16MB. I have BT Broadband which is supposedly 8MB, but i can only get 2.2MB where i live.


No comments:

Post a Comment